Dark Divinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agony Wanders the City Streets

2 posters

Go down

Agony Wanders the City Streets Empty Agony Wanders the City Streets

Post  WarHorse Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:13 am

The streets were flooded with rushing traveller's, drunken men, desperate traders and scuttling peasants, pushing and shoving against eachother as they fought their way to different parts of the city. Shouts rose into the air, some louder and harsher than others, and along with it rose smoke from various buildings. In the darkness of a barren alley, a cloaked figure cringed away from the thick stench, pressing her back against the cool stone walls. Stepping further away from the crowds, she pulled her cloak tighter around her and peered out from beneath her hood, turning away from the main street and wandering into the quieter back streets, were few traveller's dared to walk. She glanced around, avoiding the eyes of slumped and mysterious figures, too concerned about drawing attention to herself to watch were she was going. A man seemed to come out of nowhere, smashing his shoulder against hers and sending her backwards a few steps. As she scrambled to regain her balance, her hood slipped and fell from over her head, revealing two furry, black wolf ears and the girl's shining violet eyes. The man that had bumped her gasped, shocked at what he was seeing, scrambling backwards. Fumbling to put her hood back on, Agony shoved past the startled man and continued up the streets, walking much faster than before and watching the street ahead of her intently.

(anyone who wants to reply, feel free to do so, though one reply is preferred)
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Agony Wanders the City Streets Empty Re: Agony Wanders the City Streets

Post  Fayde Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:50 am

(Hellu Mush Razz Very Happy)

Trivei was staying away from all the humans, and she watched with deep interest as the girl and man had an 'accident'. Trivei walked towards the girl, curiously, knowing she was different, not like those pesky travelers and traders and god knows what else. "Hey." Trivei said quietly, her 'crescet moon' on her pants - connected to the other stunning silver patterns - shining in the silvery blue light. Trivei came to walk up near the girl, but kept a fair distance or around 5 feet away. Trivei looked at the girl, trying to see her face from under her hood. "Hey," Trivei said again, softer. "Whats your name?" She asked. "Mines Trivei." Trivei dropped to a low whisper, and stepped closer to the girl, "Don't worry... I'm different too." She said, glancing around, making sure there were no eavesdroppers. Trivei looked at the girl, and went through her 3 transforms, first a stunning white eagle, a gorgeous unicorn and an astonishing horse, then back to her human form. Trivei smiled slightly and gently at the girl, not a bragging-like smile, and smile of friendliness and promising kindness.

Fayde
Admin

http://darkdivinity.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 am

Watching as this stranger, who had called herself Trivei, shifted into a number of forms, Agony merely grunted to herself, careful to keep her face hidden. The girl was indeed different, like herself, and finding people like her around this city wasn't exactly usual. "Hm, at least it's easy for you to hide." she muttered, thinking of her own bulky tail and wings. It had taken weeks for her to find a way to position them so she wouldn't look like a hunch-back. This was the reason she wore the long, thick cloak, taking it with her wherever she want. "It's a little harder when you look like I do." Agony continued, pulling her hood and once again revealing her ears and bright eyes. After flicking her ears she pulled the hood back up and moved a hand to the hilt of her sword, which was also hidden beneath her cloak. She was unsure if this stranger was working for someone else, but Agony was taking no chances.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Trivei marvelled at the girl. She grinned, and noticed the girl put her hand on something, and she immediatley got the idea it was some sort of weapon. Trivei's smile disappeared. Her head dropped down, and she mumbled, "I'm not an enemy. I suppose you won't take my word on that. I follow no force, not good nor evil. I go alone. I fight my own battles." Trivei kicked a stone along the ground, then transformed into her stunning white eagle form. She glanced at the girl again. "So what is your name? If you don't mind me asking.." Trivei quickly added. She diddnt exactly walk, she sort of leapt, like a child would do when trying to imitade the stride of a running horse. Her white feathers gleamed in the moonlight as well as in the city street lights.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Hoping no one was around to see a giant eagle waltzing through the city, Agony glanced around at their surroundings, checking each dark corner or doorway for nosy citizens. Finding none, she turned her attention back to Trivei and took her hand away from her sword. For a moment, Agony simply admired Trivei's gorgeous eagle form, reminded again of the sheer thrill of flying. It had been so long since Agony had flown anywhere, as she had spent weeks within the walls of this cramped city. Somehow, she could tell she was going to get along with this shape-shifting rogue. "Agony." she replied with a smile, "Like you, I go where I please and fight only for my own reasons, not those of some higher authority." The clap of boots against stone rang in Agony's keen wolf ears, warning her of someone approaching, and quickly. Not bothering to explain, Agony half lead and half shoved Trivei into a darker alley, stopping to listen as the sound became louder.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Trivei's sharp eyes of her eagle form watched around carefully. She didn't bother morphing, she just stood, watching, and quickly hid behind a corner seeing her stunning white may give her location away. Poking her head around the corner, Trivei watched and listened at the clap of boots got louder and closer.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Sniffing at the cool air, Agony growled deep in her throat as she caught the bitter scent of a hunter, the unmistakable smells of worn, filthy leather, various poisons and weapons once covered with the blood of rare animals still lingering on him. Silently, she drew her dark sword and held it close to her, pushing herself further into the shadows. Hunters had been after her for months now, desperate to capture and sell her for a hefty price. After all, Agony was like no other. Sure enough, the hunter stopped at the ally's entrance, lifting his head as though he were a hound searching for a scent on the breeze. Raising her hand, Agony flicked her wrist at the hunter just as he turned to peer into the shadows where she hid. Instantly, the hunter collapsed onto the ground and lay their still and silent.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Trivei watched with interest, but no in fear. She 'hobbled' over to Agony's side, and screeched quietly. Waltzing over to the hunter, Trivei looked at him with interest. Screeching quietly again, Trivei waddled around his motionless body, watching with curiosity. She looked up at Agony, then waltzed out of the alley, and moved into the light, stopped, and waited for Agony.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Sheathing her sword once again, Agony followed Trivei back onto the street, glancing with disinterest at the hunter's limp body. Stopping beside eagle-Trivei, she saw the somewhat bewildered look in her eyes and shrugged. "A little trick I picked up... he'll get up in an hour or so..." she muttered, not really wanting to explain about her magic. Firstly, she didn't want to hang around the city any longer. It was time to get out of this dump and head somewhere else. Seconds away from mentioning this to Trivei, an angry shout caught her attention. Turning her head to face the sound, Agony groaned aloud as she saw a large group pour out from one of the side streets, pointing at her and Trivei and yelling to eachother. So far, there were at least a dozen of them, all armed, and more still coming. Glancing at Trivei, the look in Agony's eyes seemed to ask 'quick getaway?' She could fight the group, but the energy needed to do so could be better spent elsewhere.

Last edited by WarHorse on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Trivei chuckled, "I'm all for a fly." She looked numbly at the men, then with a loud screech, plunged into the air and flew in circles above the city, waiting for Agony. Trivei looked at her, "Where do you plan to go?" She asked curiously, scanning the nearby areas.

(Gonna try add some lands for Mythical right now. xD)

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Whipping the cloak from around her shoulders and flinging it to the ground, Agony spread her broad, purple streaked, black wings to their full length and snarled menacingly at the group, revealing her sharp teeth. They stopped dead in their tracks, eyes wide and expressions of terror on their faces, as she leapt from the ground and shot high into the air, beating her wings furiously to gain altitude. In seconds she had reached Trivei, glancing down at the stunned faces far below. Others had also noticed their ascent, shouting to eachother or staring with astonishment. Ignoring them, Agony looked over at Trivei and shrugged at the question. "Whever m-" she was cut off mid sentence as an arrow zipped past her cheek, barely missing her pale skin. More arrows followed, some more accurate than others. One struck Agony's wing and she cursed loudly in pain, faltering in the air and dropping for a split second. Another struck her shoulder, provoking yet another loud curse. Feeling her wing starting to numb, she struggled to stay airbourne.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Trivei screeched as loud as she could, and continued it as she dashed to the ground. The men cried out in pain, dropping their weapons and clamping their ears to try and get rid of the sound. Trivei snarled, and morphed into her unicorn form, and reared and trumpeted in rage. Running forth, Trivei kept good balance as she swept her head side to side as she rammed into the men, piercing random body parts in her charge. She let out a screaming bellow as an arrow pierced her shoulder. She turned, and snorted, nostrils flaring, and galloped at the man who did the deed, piercing his heart in return. Trivei reared and bellowed again, pumelling her hooves, and suddenly was dragged to the ground as a lasoo gripped her neck. Trivei neighed in rage, kicking her legs and attempted to bite the rope. It was no use. Still, Trivei tried biting the rope, she got a good grip then wrenched her head away, and surprisingly managed to break the rope. More men came as she got to her feet. (Or should I say hooves) Trivei turned and galloped off, before rearing up again, a white orb growing to the size of an over sized bowling ball above her head. With a loud, engraged snort, Trivei landed her front hooves on the ground, the orb shooting forth at the men and as soon as it hit one of them, the orb exploded into a quick expanding hollow circle of light, blowing the men back instantly. As soon as the men were all down, the orb dashed back into Trivei's horn. Trivei immediatley morphed into her human form, snarling at anyone who came near. She motioned to Agony to come down. Once Agony came to Trivei's side (Hope you dont mind me powerplaying you a bit there x3) Trivei stared at the area around them, dead, unconcious, or seriously injured men were almost everywhere her eyes fell. Trivei looked at Agony's wing and shoulder. She walked around Agony, then placed her hands just above Agony's shoulder. She whispered some strange words from another language, possibly one long forgotten or some sacred language from a secret society, and the arrow flew out in an instant and the wound healed. Trivei did the same process to Agony's wing. She looked at Agony, then suddenly cried out as she felt someone grab her from behind, then another person joined them, both holding her tight. Trivei stared in horror as 2 men did the same to Agony. She tried to break free as much as she could, but it didnt work. Trivei gasped as one of the men thumped Agony about 3 times on the head, knocking her unconcious. Trivei felt heavy bashing on her head, too, before her whole world went black.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:19 pm

(Don't mind the power-playing at all XD Nicely done =3)

The world around Agony returned at an excruciatingly slow pace, starting with her sense of touch. Whatever she lay on was cold and hard, not at all comfortable, and seemed to drain the warmth from her body. Shivering, she opened her violet eyes and for a moment saw nothing, just an endless expanse of wait, before colours began to appear, terribly pale at first and slowly becoming more defined. Though her sight was still blurred, Agony could tell that she was staring at a stone wall, and that the floor beneath her was also stone. Taking a deep breath, she caught a filthy stench in the air and grimaced, blinking. Finally, her ears flicked as her hearing returned, picking up the faint sounds of voices in the distance. Still too groggy to move, she wondered if Trivei was ok and where they were. The room was small, and she had a bad feeling that it was some sort of prison. A wisp of hair fell across her eyes, but when Agony moved her hand to brush it away she discovered a set of chains binding her hands together. She cursed to herself, unable to use Influence to escape with her hands bound.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Trivei growled to herself, she was in her eagle form, chains tied to her feet. She was waiting for the moment when noone was around. That moment came. She forced herself through the bars in her cell, and when she was released free, she flew to Agony's cell, and forced herself into it. She morphed into her human form, chains still bound her by her hands, and looked at Agony. "Don't be surprised to have seen me do that. I've done it many times while you have been asleep.. more like unconcious. I've tried fleeing from ere, but there is no escape, it was take too much morphing, wasting too much time. Which, is what I have tried many times, doesnt go very well." Trivei turned into her horse form, her silver tiger ike stripes on her back glowing against the stone walls. She stepped closer to Agony, reared up, and slammed down on the chains. She did this several times, and the chains gave way. She looked expectantly at Agony, as if asking her to somehow get her chains off her, too. She morphed into her human form and waited in silence.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:36 pm

Grateful to have the chains removed, Agony rubbed her wrists and smiled up at Trivei. The look in her was eyes unmissable, reminding Agony of repaying the favour. Leaning forward, she tapped the chains around Trivei's feet and they broke apart, rattling onto the floor. Wincing at the sound, she stood up slowly, gripping the walls as a dizzy spell washed over her, numbing her senses all over again. Once she could stand without tipping over, Agony walked over to the cell door and tapped it, catching the door as it fell forward to prevent anymore noise. Propping it against the opposite wall, she looked over at Trivei and smiled. "Right... if we can't sneak out we can try fighting our way out." she suggested. Before Trivei could respond, a door at the end of the dungeon corridor swung open, crashing against the wall as a few soldiers burst through, crossbows drawn and aiming straight at them. They shuffled through the doorway towards them but stopped, as though they were waiting for a command. Another figure appeared in the doorway, dressed in a fancy cloak that hinted at the man's wealth. He strided confidently towards Agony and Trivei, paying no attention to the soldiers and stopping only when he was directly in front of the two escapees. Glaring at him through narrowed eyes, a growl rose in Agony's throat as she caught the arrogant look in the man's eyes, a gaze that seemed to radiate authority. Authority that begged Agony to be defied. "What the hell do you want?" she snapped at the man, tensing for a fight. He seemed amused by the outburst, his eyes carefully keep his emotions concealed. "Steady now, Agony. Losing you're temper could get you and Trivei killed very quickly." he scolded in a deep, silky voice. Agony paused, surprised. How had he known her name? And Trivei's? He smiled greedily at her falter, pleased that he had been the cause of it. "I have something very important to ask of you both." he continued, waiting for their reaction.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Trivei growled angrily. "Speak then!" Trivei demanded furiously, getting ready to fight. She glanced at Agony, then quickly turned her attention to the man and soldiers, watching their every move.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:04 pm

The man glanced at Trivei for no more than a second, before looking once again at the two together. Feeling her blood starting to pump harder with anger, Agony clenched her hands into fists and growled again. Whoever this guy was, he was going down soon, crossbows or not. And yet, she couldn't deny that she felt curious about what he had to say. "You see, I need a rather difficult job done for me, one I am unable to do myself. Some time ago, I had a very important item stolen from me, and not even my best soldiers have been able to get it back." he told them, pausing for a moment to sigh deeply. Frowning, Agony wondered what he had meant by 'my best soldiers'. Was he a commander? No, too fancily dressed. A noble of some sort, or even royalty perhaps. Shaking away the thought, she waited impatiently for the man to continue. "It ocurred to me just yesterday that beings of the... magic sort would be more helpful. Which is why you are here. I need you to travel to a far off city in order to reclaim this stolen itme of mine. Do this, and the rewards will be great." the man explained, pulling out a large pouch as he finished. Upon shaking the pouch, a loud jingling of coins crashing against eachother ensued, quickly gaining Agony's interest. Having spent many years as a thief, money was always a topic of interest for her. Looking over at Trivei, she gave her a questioning look. "Um... can we talk it over for minute or two?" Agony asked the man, averting her gaze from Trivei. "5 minutes." he said with a nod before turning and leaving the corridor. The soldiers stayed, their crossbows still ready.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Trivei immediatley turned to Agony. "You said you fought your own battles." She said, almost sounding disappointed with Agony, "And money doesn't impress me... and he is only using us. How do we know if he tries to hassle us again? He might say he won't, but anyone can lie." Trivei's mind was racing, with fury, disappointment, and indecision. There were plenty of magicians around the world. Why did it have to be herself and Agony that got caught? Trivei stared at Agony, looking into her eyes. She remembered the sound of coins crashing..childhood dreams filled her head, yet no matter how much she tried, she couldn't get them away. The sound of coins rang in her ears again. She twitched in nervous idecision.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Shrugging at Trivei's minor outburst, Agony was trying to order the thoughts rushing through her head. Money was always handy, especially for a rogue like herself, but she didn't at all trust the man, whatever his name was. "I do. I go where I like and do what I want, and I'm always happy to pick up an adventure or two on my way to wherever I'm going. I won't turn down the opportunity for a bit of fun." Agony explained with a smile, hoping Trivei would understand. She didn't dare think about what she would do if Trivei refused. "I'm all for it, cash or no cash. Though cash would be nice... anyway, I want to do this because, at the moment, I don't really have any other plans." she finished, smiling again. One of the soldiers shifted, his armour clinking, provoking a menacing glare from Agony.

Last edited by WarHorse on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayde Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Trivei twitched again, both at Agony's words and at the clink of armour. She muttered under her breath before speaking again, "Oh, fine then. We'll do it." She said, keeping in a groan of annoyance. "And I suppose money can be of some use.." Trivei added after a while, trying to keep the obvious admitting tone out of her voice.

Fayde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WarHorse Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:51 am

Flicking an ear as she picked up Trivei's change of tone, Agony allowed a tiny smirk to spread across her face. Turning away so Trivei wouldn't see, she leant against the wall and waited for the man to return. Silently, she was thrilled about Trivei agreeing to go. Excitement pulsed through her in time with her heart beat and she was eager to get going, racing across the sky on some crazed mission for the hell of it. Smiling, her ears pricked as the sounds of footsteps rang through the corrider. Turning back to Trivei, her violet eyes gleaming, she smiled again. "Thanks Trivei." Agony told her, hoping she would know that saying such things was rare for Agony. The man reappeared in the doorway, walking steadily towards them with a calm expression on his aged face. Like before, he stopped directly in front of them, tall enough to look down on them with the slightest trace of contempt. "You've made your decision?" he asked them, still holding the pouch. It jingled every now and again with each slight movement. Looking over at Trivei, Agony nodded at her, giving her silent permission to respond.
WarHorse
WarHorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum